Something I noticed almost immediately about the Bissel Powerfresh 1940 Steam Mop is that it can handle any kind of cleaning from light cleaning to extreme messes.
Pros – has an Easy scrubber which makes cleaning grout and crevices quite easy. Other features that make this steam machine an excellent buy are:
- Can sanitize and eliminate household bacteria
- Has a removable water tank which can be easily filled and cleaned.
- Spring breeze fragrant discs inserted in the mop pad that leave a fresh and clean scent along the way.
- Low profile mop-head that makes cleaning edges and corners really easy.
- SmartSteam control for either light or heavy cleaning.
Cons – in spite of the many good qualities that come with this machine, I still noticed a few weak aspects like the following:
- The steam is constantly on.
- The swivel joint is located at the head of the mop, something I found to be quite disturbing.
- I also noticed that the steam mop left some linear discoloration after the job was done.
Indepth Bissel Powerfresh 1940 Steam Mop
This white steam mop is a product of Bissel and is currently selling at around $73-$100. Personally, I got it for $8O. Among the features that impressed me about Bissel Powerfresh was its ability to get deep, down into grout and crevices without any hassle at all.
Also, I was able to control the steam using the SmartSet steam control. This being the case, I was able to use a very little steam on my wood floor for fear of damaging it with excess moisture from the steam.
The low setting is great only for well cared for floors. For those that need intense cleaning, high or medium setting will do. A feature that impressed me further was the easy scrubber located beneath the mops head. Whenever I encountered a dried-on, sticky mess, I just flipped down the mop’s head and got down to serious business. The scrubber has bristles that will not only reach down any deep crevice; they will easily get rid of all hardened messes.
- Type – china steam mop
- Weight – 9 pounds
- Comes with two different cleaning pads
- A 23’ power cord
- Removable water tank for easy filling and cleaning
- SmartSteam control for steam control
- A head that reaches edges and corners easily.
- Easy scrubber that cleans cervices and grout easily.
- Spring breeze fragrant discs
Generally, the Bissel Powerfresh 1940 Steam Mop is white in color and not bad to look at.
It’s a bit heavy, weighing in at around 9 pounds. Therefore, people with disabilities and other conditions that might make handling it difficult should probably look elsewhere.
The bottom-line concerning the Bissel Powerfresh 1940 Steam Mop is that it is a good buy seeing that it reaches edges and corners easily and also cleaned crevices and grout satisfactorily. However, the fact that it left some linear discoloration on my tiles after the job was done did not sit very well with me.