Pros – a common trend among online buyers is looking at a product or machine that offers most features. This being the case, the Hoover wh20200 twin tank disinfecting steam mop takes the day. With this two-tank or twin-tank Hoover steam mop, you can clean up with steam only or together with a chemical disinfecting solution.
This twin-tank machine also happens to have many other pros and they include the following:
- It heats up very quickly
- Its cleaning solution is also a disinfectant
- Provides an option for controlling the amount of the solution
- Twin tank that allows cleaning with steam only or together with a cleaning solution
- Twin tanks are removable which makes cleaning easier
- Long power cord
- Indicates when steam is hot enough for use
Cons – the positive thing I noticed about this steam machine is that its pros clearly overcome the cons which I discovered to be quite few. They were the following:
- The steam button has to be constantly depressed.
- The double tanks do not dry well and they are likely to become infested with mold
- The steam is not as wet as I had anticipated
In-Depth Hoover WH20200 Twin Tank Disinfecting Steam Mop Review
Other than offering duo functionality where you can use steam alone or together with a cleaning solution, the Hoover steam mop also offers disinfecting benefits. Among the 99.9% bacteria strains the manufacturer claims it kills are salmonella, swine flu, E.coli and type A influenza. Thy also claim that even though their solution is quite powerful, it is actually non-toxic and fully biodegradable.
The steam mop also cleans most floors well as long as the floor is first swept failure to which the steam vents will get clogged. Another trick to get the best out of this steam mop is to go over everything a second or third time. For extremely dirty areas, run over the floors again with the disinfecting solution.
The indicator will advise you when the steam is hot enough but one downside is that you will have to manually operate the steam button continuously until you are done. Those with Arthritis and other related hand and joint problem may find this very tiring and should probably go other brands that will provide a more comfortable option.
The other negative aspect of the Hoover twin tank steam mop is that it does not generate steam that is wet enough compared to other brands.
- Type – twin tank disinfecting steam mop
- Weight – 5.5 pounds
- Twin tank system- enables you to clean with steam only or together with Hoover® SteamPlus™
- Disinfects – disinfects and eliminates 99% of all household bacteria.
- Removable Tanks – makes cleaning and filling easier.
- 30 foot power cord – no need to unplug when cleaning areas that are a bit far from the plug.
- Carpet glider – to refresh carpets and rugs.
- 3 microfiber pads – they are machine washable and reusable too.
Other than the steam button which has to be consistently and manually operated, the Hoover twin tank disinfecting steam mop looks decent enough.
It performed quite well after one or two run-overs but the manually-operated steam buttons were a nuisance since they had to be pressed continuously and manually.
The bottom line concerning the Hoover WH20200 TwinTank Disinfecting Steam Mop is that it works great if you ignore the steam button and only when you are cleaning up an area that is not too messy seeing that the steam it generates is not wet enough.