Pros- if you are looking for a lightweight, easy-to handle steam mop that also happens to be quite effective, the Shark Steam and Spray Professional (SK460) happens to be a great buy. Its weight makes it easy to lift and carry around so it’s really easy to clean up and sanitize germy messes.
Cons – no refillable bottle and I had to use their cleaner only. A refillable bottle would have been a big bonus since I would have had the freedom to use a cleaner of my choice.
In spite of this, I still found a solution to this when a friend confessed to have drilled a hole at the bottom of the bottle and refilled it with his own solution as soon as the original one ran out. I took the risk, drilled a hole in mine and after plugging the hole with an ear plug, it worked just great.
The water jug also happens to be a bit small but it does last a reasonable time.
In-Depth Shark Steam and Spray Professional (Sk460) Review
Other than not having a refillable bottle, this steam mop works pretty well. It broke down hardened, greasy and sticky messes quite easily. It cleaned deeply, and sanitized my wood floor satisfactorily too.
This is largely due to its ability to clean in three ways which are:
- Steam and spray mode– this one is meant for tough messes.
- Spray only mode – offers a quick, cordless cleaning option.
- Steam only mode – this one is for sanitizing and leaves no residue
The pads are multilayered and washable. Also available are shark disposable SaniFiber pads for bathrooms.
Its weight pleased me too since I was able to lift it off the ground severally whenever I needed to dampen only the cloth. This is because I was unsure of the quality of my wood floor and did not want to risk damaging it with a lot of steam and moisture.
It weighs only 10.6 pounds and therefore, handicapped people or those who are a bit weighty will find relief in this steam mop. Currently, it’s only being shipped within the US.
- Type – steam and spray mop
- Weight – 10.6 pounds
- Cord – removable cord for quick action
- Spray only mode – for quick, cordless cleaning
- Steam only mode – sanitizes and leaves no residue
- Intelligent steam control – offers steam-controlling options for different floors and different cleaning tasks.
- Sanitize with steam – sanitizes as steam blasts up the dirt together with the cleaning residue. The ultra-absorbent microfiber pad lifts away the dirt very well that you will hardly notice any streaks.
- Steam energized cleanser –the cleanser gets energized by the steam for a strong reaction that stimulates dirt molecules. This releases their bonds and they break up very easily.
- Steam and spray mode – for the toughest messes.
The Shark Steam and Spray Professional (SK460) comes with the following:
- Batteries (4-aa)
- Removable 25 foot cord
- Washable microfiber pad (1x)
- Shark sanifiber disposable pads (2x)
- 20 ounce multi-floor steam energized cleanser (1x)
- Filling flask for this steam and spray mop
The mop is designed in a pleasant manner especially because it is not bulky.
Based on my experience and other reviews from different customers, the machines is easy to operate and does an excellent job.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line concerning the Shark Steam and Spray Mop Professional (SK460) is that other than the non-refillable bottle that doesn’t allow you to use a cleaning solution of your choice, this mop is definitely worth every dime.