Best Steam Mop Reviews Guide For 2017
Many people have only just started to realize that some of the best steam mops out there are doing a far better cleaning job when compared to the regular mops they are accustomed to.
When used properly, steam machines can be used on different floors without causing any damage. This is because they are designed to dry floors promptly before any moisture gets into the surfaces, ruining them in the process.
These floor steamers are designed with an in-built water bucket, eliminating the need to drag your mop around together with an unattractive, heavy water bucket. Other than the water bucket becoming ancient history, steamers will clean and kill up to 99.9% of all household germs without exposing kids and pets to chemical residues. For this reason we have gone ahead and created the ultimate steam mop reviews comparison guide for you.
Top 10 Comparison Chart
|Picture||Model||Tank Capacity||Heat Up Time||Weight||Cord Length||Price Range||Rating|
|Bissel Powerfresh 1940A (1940)||15 oz||30 sec||6 lbs||23 feet||$$||4.4|
|Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner FH40160||1.5 quart||60 sec||15 lbs||20 feet||$$$||4.2|
|BISSELL Select Titanium 94E9T||17 oz||30 sec||6 lbs||18 feet||$$||4.1|
|Hoover TwinTank Disinfecting – WH20200||16.9 oz||20 sec||5.5 lbs||30 feet||$||4.1|
|HAAN SI-60 Select Multi Level Steamer||11.83 oz||20 sec||9.8 lbs||25 feet||$||4.1|
|Black & Decker BDH1850SM 2-in-1||10.1 oz||10 sec||6.4 lbs||25 feet||$||4.1|
|Shark Steam and Spray Professional (SK460)|
|20 oz||30 sec||10.6 lbs||25 feet||$$||4.1|
|Bissell Hard-Floor Cleaner, Green Tea, 1867-7||17.5 oz||30 sec||8.4 lbs||short||$||3.7|
|Sienna Vibe||8.8 oz||10 sec||6.6 lbs||16.4 feet||$||3.9|
|Vax S2S Bare Floor Pro *UK ONLY*||16.9 oz||15 sec||4.4 lbs||26 feet||$$||4|
Different Types of Floor Steamers
Although there are many different types of mops out there it’s hard to find some decent steam machine reviews based on features, price and performance. Listed below are a few that have received positive feedback from customers:
- Bissell PowerFresh – this one is white in color, weighs around 9 pounds, costs around $85 and has an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
- Eureka Enviro Hard-Surface, Floor Steamer 313A – this Eureka weighs around 7.5 pounds, price is in the region of $55.99 with free shipping to selected regions. It has an average rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars.
- Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop (S3601D) – This Shark model weighs about 8.2 pounds, costs around $125.64 and has an average rating of 3.6 out of 5.
- Euro-Pro Sales S3501 Deluxe – weighs 6.5 pounds, costs around $69.38 and has an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars.
- Sienna Vibe – weighs around 5.6 pounds, costs $51.97 or thereabouts and has an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
How Do I Find The Best Steamer For Me?
Due to the many choices available out there, shopping for the best team mop can be very challenging for anyone. Below are some of the features you should look out for before buying one:
Easy handling – go for a machine that is easy to handle and maneuver. A light mop with a swivel head should be easy to handle especially when cleaning hard-to-reach-areas.
Long power cord – on average, steam machines will have a power cord of 16-30 feet. Choose one that is at least 25 feet long as it will allow you to clean far flung areas without having to unplug.
A large water tank – a water tank that holds a great amount of water will enable you to clean for about 45 minutes without stopping to clean.
Removable water tank – a removable water tank can easily be filled at the faucet or tap. It can also be cleaned easily.
Variable steam control – a well designed mop should have a dial or a trigger to enable you to control steam outlet according to the quality of your floor and also according to the amount of soil you are handling.
Built-in power switch – another feature that you should look out for when shopping for a mop is an on/off switch. Without such a button, you will have to plug in whenever you need to turn it on or off.
Top 5 Steam Mop Reviews
Any of the following products included below in our steam mop reviews will make a great buy, but just like in every other product; you are likely to acquire the best only if you are willing to spend a bit of cash.
In spite of this, you can still get something great if you are on a tight budget.
This white steamer from Bissell not only leaves behind a refreshing scent, it is also designed to clean crevices and grout without any difficulties. Its SmartSet Steam Control will allow you to adjust the steam according to your desired amount.
Other than that, this mop is quite easy to assemble, easy to use and maneuver and therefore easy to put away or store.
- Costs around $85 or thereabouts
- Easy Scrubber that flips down easily to reach grout and crevices.
- SmartSet Steam Control to handle all types of messes.
- SpringBreeze fragrance disks for a fresh scent
- Removable water tank for easy filling and cleaning.
- Low profile head mop to clean corners and edges easily.
- Easy scrubber that can access crevices and grout easily
- SmartSet steam control for choosing the required amount of steam.
- Sanitizes and kills up to 99% of all household bacteria and germs.
- Safe to use even on vulnerable flooring like hardwoods and laminates.
- The steam is always on
- The swivel joint is located above the mop’s head.
- It leaves some unclear discoloration.
Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner, FH40160PC
Based on various steam machine reviews, this newer model from Hoover has improved significantly from the previous design. It comes with two types of brushes, one meant for cement and tile floors and the second one for timber flooring. These two brushes are designed to rotate as they clean.
It is equipped with two water tanks; one for clean water and the other for dirty water and you will be able to watch as the clean water vacates its tank and as the dirty water fills up the other. It has a drying function which doesn’t seem effective since it takes almost a whole hour for the floor to dry up completely.
It is easy to handle and cleans relatively well, however, you have to be patient when it comes to tough stains. Also, it uses a lot of solution on really dirty floors.
- Costs more or less $139.
- 20 ft power cord
- 360° SpinScrub technology
- Two specifically-designed brushed for different flooring
- Dual-tank innovation for dirty and clean water
- 1.5 quart container to hold a large amount of water
- An easy-to-clean filter
- Calm electric motor
- Squeegee to aid drying
- Two storage tanks for separating clean and dirty water
- Maneuverable to reach hard-to-reach areas
- Solid suction
- Some customers have complained of leakages
- Power cord not long enough
- Floors take too long to dry completely
- smaller brushes when compared to former model
One of the many factors that have made it possible for this triangular-shaped machine to receive great feedback is its swiveling or revolving ability. For this reason, this steamer has the ability to clean difficult-to-reach areas satisfactorily.
It is simple to assemble with only a few parts needing to be put together. It takes about 30 seconds to heat up and you are ready to clean. It is also easy to operate and it cleans well with even the toughest stains disappearing after a few passes.
Many of its users have admitted to be fascinated by its triangular head saying it cleans corners really well.
- Costs around $59 with free shipping in chosen regions
- Easy-to-use steam trigger for controlling steam, no pumping is necessary
- 2 triangular-shaped mop pads for soft and hard scrubbing.
- Removable water tank for easy filling
- Triangular-shaped head for accessing hard-to-reach areas
- Cleans crevices, grout, corners and other hard-to-reach areas well
- Easy-to-use steam control trigger for controlling steam output
- Sanitizes and cleans
- Easy to put together and operate
- Light and maneuverable
- Power cord not long enough to reach the other end of the room
- Some users have reported it to be rather vulnerable
Bissell Hard-Floor Cleaner, Green Tea, 1867-7
This one is among the various mops that do not require any harmful cleaning agents to perform satisfactorily. Many positives reviews have been coming from hard floors owners, claiming that the Bissell Hard-Floor Cleaner, Green Tea, 1867-7 does a particularly spectacular job on this type of flooring.
Also, this steam machines sanitizes with water alone, eliminating the need for chemical agents that are harmful especially for kids and pet who enjoy playing on floors.
- Costs around $63.20
- Two microfiber mop pads that are reusable and washable
- Fast and easy to put together or assemble
- Removable water tank that is easy to refill and clean
- Sanitizes and kills up to 99.9% of all household germs
- 360 degrees swivel or rotating head
- Steam on demand
- Swivel head that cleans hard-to-reach areas easily
- Fast and easy to assemble which makes it ideal for beginners.
- Uses water only to sanitize
- Light enough to be handled by the elderly and the handicapped too
- A short power cord
This one is not bulky, a fact that seems to endear it to many. Other than its portability, the Sienna Vibe heats up within a very short time. It has a removable water tank which makes it extremely easy to drain and fill at the faucet or tap.
Also, it can stand on its own and it lets out the steam consistently without having to press the trigger constantly which can be very tiring especially for people with arthritis.
- Cost around $51.97
- Deodorizes and disinfects
- Triangular swivel head for accessing difficult areas
- Two durable and reusable microfiber mop pads
- SteamStop mode that is activated as soon as the mop is placed in an upright position
- Easy to use
- Sanitizes with water alone and therefore environmentally safe
- Accesses hard-to-reach areas.
- Uses regular tap water without damaging the unit.
- Power cord is not long enough to access the other side of the room.
- Small water tank, this means that you have to stop cleaning to refill several times.
- Wobbly handle.
Regardless of whatever model you have settled for, you should always read the manufacturer’s instructions and follow them to the letter. Never under any circumstances should you leave your steamer unattended when plugged in especially in the presence of children and pets. After all, even the best floor steaming mop out there can be a hazard when used inappropriately seeing that there is hot steam and electricity involved.